How to Hire
All our outfits for hire are one of a kind ‘Modern Originals’. We do not have multiple size’s of each outfit. The size given is the largest size that will fit the outfit. If you are unsure if an outfit will fit check your measurements and contact us to ask.
To find out more about an outfit, contact us to let us know what outfit you are interested in and what date/s you need it for. Please read our Terms and Conditions (scroll down) before hiring.
Payment is required to confirm booking. If you would prefer another payment method just contact us and we will sort it out for you.
We post to the whole of the mainland UK. There is an additional charge to post to Highlands and Islands.
When hiring, 7 days are allowed as standard; one for receipt, one just in case the Post Office are late, three for use and two for return. If the hire period is over a Bank holiday the extra days will be at no extra charge. We can however be flexible! Just ask and we will see what we can do. Please note however; if you do not post the outfit back on the agreed date you will be charged for an extra hire period.
We use Royal Mail or Courier as our delivery service. You will need to be in to receive the package and so we are happy to deliver to an alternate address (work for example) just let us know. At the end of the hire period you are responsible for packing up the outfit in the packaging supplied and then taking it to a Post Office counter or arranging delivery by courier. Please ask Post Office staff for a Proof of Postage.
There is no need to wash or launder the outfit, we do that for you as part of the price.
If you have any questions, please ask, we are here to help!
Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. You must be 18 years or over to make a booking or hire an outfit.
2. It is assumed that customers have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
3. All outfits remain the property of 1940's Costume Hire at all times.
4. Payment is by Cheque, card or cash only.
5. The named hirer has sole responsibility for the outfit until it is received back by 1940's Costume Hire.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the measurements they give are accurate.
7. Customers should check their outfit thoroughly on the day of receipt and advise 1940's Costume Hire of any damage, marks or missing items. Any damage not reported by 6pm will be charged to the hirer.
8. The customer will be advised on which day to expect delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they can receive delivery on the appointed day. No refund will be given if the delivery arrives at the agreed address and the customer is not available to receive it.
9. Outfits must be returned on the day specified in the hire agreement. Failure to return the outfit on the day specified will result in an additional charge for another five day period. If the outfit is not returned within 7 working days, the full cost of replacement will be due.
10. 1940's Costume Hire cannot be held responsible for any loss suffered by the customer as a result of loss, damage or non-return of the outfit by a previous customer.
11. Customers must not pin, sew, glue, iron, make alterations to or wash any outfit that is hired without permission. Any outfit that has been pinned, glued, ironed, altered or damaged in any way without permission will be charged the costs of repair/ replacement.